Brooklyn Heights is a neighborhood in New York City’s borough of Brooklyn, spanning from Old Fulton Street near the BrooklynBridge down to Atlantic Avenue, and from the East River east to Court Street. The neighborhood has become one of the hottest destinations in New York, due to the prime real estate, hundreds of restaurants and cafes, and easy access to Manhattan while still maintaining a neighborhood feel without the hustle and bustle of the city. With elegant high-rises with gorgeous views of the Manhattan skyline, historic brownstones, and beautiful townhouses, there is no question that living in BrooklynHeights is a luxurious experience. Brooklyn Height’s main attraction, the Promenade, is an enormous boardwalk facing Manhattan, providing excellent views of the East River, the BrooklynBridge, and the city skyline. The neighborhood also has excellent schools, galleries, shops, and with all of these fabulous amenities, you’re sure to love calling BrooklynHeights home.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE LIVING THERE:
BrooklynHeights is home to hundreds of quaint cafes, upscale restaurants, and ethnic cuisines of every kind. For classic Italian fare, try Armando’s (143 Montague Street), while Crop to Cup Café (139 Atlantic Ave) has great coffee and baked good. Middle Eastern, vegetarian cuisine is at its best at Waterfalls Café (144 Atlantic Ave), or if you’re in the mood for Japanese food, check out Iron Chef House (92 Clark Street).
The Brooklyn Heights Promenade is a main attraction, featuring an enormous boardwalk overlooking the East River, complete with green space, playgrounds, food stands, and more. The historic BrooklynBridge is in the neighborhood, and there is a walking path that pedestrians can take for great views and good exercise. The Brooklyn Heights Cinema provides the area with a movie theater.
The 2, 3, 4, 5, M, and R trains go to Borough Hall, and travelling into Manhattan takes less than ten minutes. The BrooklynBridge is also located in the neighborhood for easy travel to Manhattan.
Some of New York’s top private schools are located in BrooklynHeights, including the Packer Collegiate Institute, Saint Ann’s School, BrooklynFriendsSchool, Berkeley Carroll, and the BrooklynHeightsMontessoriSchool. Public schools in the neighborhood include P.S. 8, P.S. 307, P.S. 29, P.S. 38, M.S. 113, Pacific H.S., and George Westinghouse H.S.
The nightlife in BrooklynHeights is just as vibrant as the neighborhood itself. With tons of bars, pubs, and lounges to choose from, you’re sure to find a favorite spot in the area. Two favorites are the Last Exit (136 Atlantic Avenue), a hipster bar and lounge, and the Roebling Inn (97 Atlantic Avenue), a classic beer tavern.
BrooklynHeights is filled with hip boutiques, vintage stores, as well as small shops filled with all sorts of things of interest. Bakeries, gourmet markets, and other food shops are also scattered throughout the area, making for an enjoyable walk through the neighborhood.
Other restaurants in BrooklynHeights:
- The Atlantic ChipShop (129 Atlantic Ave)- $$- Irish, English
- Heights Café (84 Montague Street)- $$- American
- Iris Café (20 Columbia Place)- Café
- La Mancha (135 Atlantic Ave)- $$$- Spanish, Tapas
- La Pizzette (145 Atlantic Ave)- $- Pizza
- Le Petit Marché (46 Henry Street)- $$- French, Bistro
- Noodle Pudding (38 Henry Street)- $- Italian
- Tripoli Restaurant (156 Atlantic Ave)- $$- Middle Eastern
- Waterfront Ale House (155 Atlantic Ave)- $$- Burgers
For more restaurants in BrooklynHeights, go to New York Magazine’s restaurant page: http://nymag.com/restaurants/?f=food
Other bars in BrooklynHeights:
- Brooklyn Heights Wine Bar (50 Henry Street)- Wine Bar
- Floyd, NY (131 Atlantic Ave)- Beer Bar
- Henry Street Ale House (62 Henry Street)- Pub
- Montero’s Bar & Grill (73 Atlantic Ave)- Dive Bar
- Waterfront Ale House (155 Atlantic Ave)- Saloon
For more bars in BrooklynHeights, go to New York Magazine’s bars page: http://nymag.com/nightlife/?f=bars
- Gold’s Gym (85 Livingston Street)
- Equinox (194 Joralemon Street)
- New York Sports Club (NYSC) (179 Remsen Street)
- Planet Fitness (249 Duffield Street)
- Heights Cleaners (137 Montague Street)
- Mr. Rafael’s Cleaners & Tailor (105 Court Street)
- Best Cleaners (185 Henry Street)
- Absam French Dry Cleaners (76 Clark Street)
- Heights Chateau Wines (123 Atlantic Ave)
- Michael Towne Wine and Spirits (73 Clark Street)
- Zap Liquors (105 Court Street)
- Montague Wine & Spirits (78 Montague Street)
- Key Food Supermarket (169 Atlantic Ave